Thursday, July 8, 2010

Moulding a caring child via Di zi Gui and moral stories

My 5 years old son has started to attend Di Zi Gui class (Di Zi Gui, in English, means standards for being a good student and child. It is an ancient Chinese book handed down to us from ancient Chinese Saints and sages.)

After half a year, I witness great improvement in him.

The other day he asked me for some water. After drinking the water. He said 'Mommy I am so grateful to you for boiling water for me to drink, thank you mommy.' . He even told me that 'I will be filial to you and papa' . I felt so touch he has became so lovely kid!

One night, he told me 'Mommy, I would like to learn how to wash dishes as I want to be a filial son'. I was so touched and taught him  how to wash. He was enjoying the session as he said it was like having fun with  soapy water.

Every night, I will try to tell him bed time stories with moral stories.

Once I told him a moral story about a story on a filial boy called Chai Shun. He was born during end of Dynasty of Tong Han. At that times there were a gang of robbers who use to robbed people's food and belongings.
One day, on his way to go back home. He met  a gang of robbers. They blocked his way, thinking of robbing him. However they found out other than 2 baskets and some mulberries, he had nothing with him.
They were very angry. Suddenly, a robber was so curious how come he carried two basket to separate the black colour mulberries from the red one,even though the amount is not many. He told them that black colour one is fully ripen,very sweet. It was for his mother. This was because his mother was not healthy , by eating the mulberries could help her to regain her energy. The red one which were unripe, more sour was for himself.


His filial piety had touched those robbers, they decided to let him go and even offered him some money and foods. However Chai Shun refused. His action made the robbers felt more ashamed.


One day, after I plucked some mulberries and passed to him. He told me that those black one were for me, those red one were for him. 


For more moral stories, you may down load from www.dfg.cn






八德故事   
蔡顺拾椹
《德育故事》白话解
 
东汉末年,王莽篡权,社会秩序混乱,庄稼逢荒减收,百姓生活困苦,加上当时有一帮将眉毛染成红色的「赤眉军」,出没不定,四处搜刮粮食和财物,就像强盗一样经常骚扰百姓。
出身贫苦的蔡顺,很小就失去了父亲,他和母亲相依为命。虽然年纪还小,他却十分孝顺懂事。在经常食不果腹的境况下,总能想办法找到一些可以充饥的食物,尽心奉养母亲。夏天,树上的桑椹熟了,蔡顺就去采拾桑椹回来给母亲吃。每次去的时候,他都会拎两个篮子。
一天,蔡顺在回家的路上,不幸与一伙儿「赤眉军」强盗迎面碰着。强盗们拦住了蔡顺的去路,本想可以搜点财物,没想到除了篮子里的桑椹外,其它一无所获。强盗们露出不悦与愤怒,正要找蔡顺出气,突然一个强盗发现蔡顺拿了两个篮子,他好奇地瞧了一会儿,然后紧锁眉头问蔡顺道:「你采的桑椹也不多,为什么要用两个篮子,还将黑色和红色的分开来呢?」
蔡顺从容不迫地回答说:「黑色是熟透的,味道很甜,是母亲最爱吃的。母亲身体不好,吃它可以充饥又可以恢复体力;红色的没有熟透,比较酸,是留给自己的。」
蔡顺语真恳切,面对强盗不仅一点儿也不害怕,神情更充满着对母亲的孝敬,而且流露出的那种对母亲的体贴与细腻,使在场的强盗们都感到很意外,他们一时沉默无语,仔细思量,慢慢的脸上不再那么狰狞,态度也开始软化了,此时的蔡顺也感受到了这批强盗内心有了强烈的触动,尤其在这颠沛流离的环境里,沦为强盗也非得已,任谁也会禁不住的想起了自己家中年迈的父母,有的缓缓地低下头来,有的甚至悄悄地抹去眼泪,于是强盗们决定放了蔡顺。
当这批强盗们将撤走时,令人意外的是竟然还拿出了一些粮食和财物,要给蔡顺拿回去孝敬母亲。然而蔡顺深知「志士不饮盗泉之水」的道理,所以他委婉地谢绝了强盗们的好意。强盗们见此更是汗颜不已,只好羞愧离去。
后来,蔡顺的母亲过世了。就在蔡顺最悲痛的当中,真是祸不单行,邻家发生了大火,眼看着烈火顺着风势吞噬过来,就要烧到安放灵柩的房间了。此时,蔡顺根本没有能力把灵柩抬出来,情急之下,他抱着灵柩嚎啕大哭,哭声之凄,真是震人魂魄,霎那,大伙也不知所措,只能默默的祈祷。
就在这千钧一发之际,只见风势突然一转,火苗竟然越过他家,窜到邻家去了。事后人们都说:这是蔡顺至诚的孝心感动了天地与祝融之神。
安葬完母亲后,母亲慈祥的音容,时时萦绕在眼前,思母之情,常常触物感伤,泪水盈面。
尤其母亲生前最怕打雷,所以每到雷雨交加之时,蔡顺都会奔到母亲墓前,跪在那里抱住墓碑,哭泣着说:「母亲不要害怕,孩儿就在您身边。」倘若雷声不断,他就会绕着坟墓,边哭边对上天乞求:「不要打雷了,会吓坏母亲的……」,一片至情,诚如母亲永在身旁。
蔡顺拾椹的故事告诉我们:人的孝心不仅可以感化不善之人,还可以感通世间的万事万物。正如《孝经》中所说:「孝悌之至,通于神明,光于四海,无所不通」。因为孝是人类与生具有的本善,与宇宙万事万物的本性相应,自然可以感通。
然而不良的生活环境往往会蒙蔽或污染人的本性,使人丧失最基本的孝道。所以,蔡顺对母亲事死如生的榜样,也在警醒迷失本性之人:「树欲静而风不止,子欲养而亲不待。」我们对父母行孝须及时,以免留下终生遗憾。
羔羊尚知跪乳义,乌鸦亦明反哺恩。孝敬父母不仅是为人子女的本分,也是实现人生幸福美满的根基,如果不能及时行孝,怎能浇灌出幸福人生的大树呢?衷心祈愿社会人人力行孝道,感通家庭敦睦和谐,世界和平大同,宇宙自然调和。
大方广编辑部

No comments:

Post a Comment